Statement of Purpose
The purpose of Sierra Springs Church is to:
- Obey the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:37-39)
- Fulfill the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20)
Hands to Work and Hearts to God!
This means three things to us:
- Truly Love God
- Truly Love our Neighbor
- Truly Love our Neighbor to God
The five-fold Ministry of Sierra Springs Church:
- Worship: To glorify God in whatever we do (1 Corinthians 10:31).
- Evangelism: To give witness to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord (Acts 1:8).
- Discipleship: To bring believers to a full measure of maturity in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 4:11-13).
- Fellowship: To promote harmony in God’s household (1 Peter 3:8).
- Service: To do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers (Galatians 6:10).
Statement of Faith
We believe that:
- The 66 canonical books of the Bible as originally written were inspired of God, hence free from error. They constitute the only infallible guide for faith and practice.
- There is one God, the Creator and Preserver of all things, infinite in being and perfection. He exists eternally in three Persons; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, who are of one substance and equal in power and glory.
- Man, created in the image of God, through disobedience fell from his sinless state at the suggestion of Satan. This fall plunged man into a state of sin and spiritual death, and brought upon the entire race the sentence of eternal death. From this condition man can be saved only by the grace of God, through faith, on the basis of the work of Christ, and by the agency of the Holy Spirit.
- The eternally pre-existent Son became incarnate without human father, by being born of the virgin Mary. Thus in the Lord Jesus Christ divine and human natures were united in one Person, both natures being whole, perfect and distinct. To effect salvation, He lived a sinless life and died on the cross as the sinner’s substitute, shedding His blood for the remission of sins. On the third day He rose from the dead in the body which had been laid in the tomb. He ascended to the right hand of the Father, where He performs the ministry of intercession. He shall come again, personally and visibly, to complete His saving work and to consummate the eternal plan of God.
- The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Triune God. He applies to man the work of Christ. By justification and adoption man is given a right standing before God. By regeneration, sanctification and glorification man’s nature is renewed.
- The believer, having turned to God in penitent faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, is accountable to God for living a life separated from sin and characterized by the fruit of the Spirit. It is his responsibility to contribute by word and deed to the universal spread of the Gospel.
- At the end of the age the bodies of the dead shall be raised. The righteous shall enter into full possession of eternal bliss in the presence of God, and the wicked shall be condemned to eternal death.